The following settings are recommended up to CoCreate Modeling 16.5 and Autodesk Inventor 2017.
OneSpace Designer – System
- Components of an assembly should have names no longer than 16 characters.
- System accuracy should be set prior to modelling.
- Recommended values are 10-6 mm, 10-5 mm, 10-4 mm.
- The smallest extent value (e.g. edge length) can be set under:
- SystemSetting ->Advisor/Check Setting -> min Edge
- All Advisor Checks (voids, nonmanifold, knife edge, min edge) should be active while modeling the part.
- Complete body checks should be done frequently during design and prior to export to STEP.
OneSpace Designer - STEP Preprocessor
- When invoking the STEP export choose as option target system e.g. (CATIA IBM) or CATIA (debis) or Pro/ENGINEER.
- If, in case of an assembly export, the option Assemblystructur/Shared Parts is set ON, individual colors of instances cannot be exported.
- If the target system cannot process assembly structure information or geometric transformation, then you should select NO to suppress this information.
- Hybrid models must be exported with multiple products. You can also use the Structure Browser to make your selection. If you try to specify a part by clicking in a viewpart, you will select only faces or edges instead of the whole part.
- No adjustment is necessary.
Inventor - STEP Postprocessor
- To import a STEP File please choose File -> Open... and select STEP file
- It is recommended to import the STEP files first without any automatic healing (in options selectable).
- The import log file "filename.xli" gives further information.
Inventor – System
- Shaded view is helpful and gives a first impression of the model quality.
- A volume calculation of the imported model gives more information about a successful import of a solid.