The following settings are recommended up to CoCreate Modeling 16.5 and CATIA V4.2.5 with COM/STEP 126.96.36.199.
OneSpace Designer – System
- Components of an assembly should have names no longer than 16 characters.
- System accuracy should be set prior to modelling.
- Recommended values are 10-6 mm, 10-5 mm, 10-4 mm.
- The smallest extent value (e.g. edge length) can be set under:
- SystemSetting ->Advisor/Check Setting -> min Edge
- All Advisor Checks (voids, nonmanifold, knife edge, min edge) should be active while modeling the part.
- Complete body checks should be done frequently during design and prior to export to STEP.
OneSpace Designer - STEP Preprocessor
- When invoking the STEP export choose as option target system e.g. (CATIA IBM) or CATIA (debis) or Pro/ENGINEER.
- If, in case of an assembly export, the option Assemblystructur/Shared Parts is set ON, individual colors of instances cannot be exported.
- If the target system cannot process assembly structure information or geometric transformation, then you should select NO to suppress this information.
- Hybrid models must be exported with multiple products. You can also use the Structure Browser to make your selection. If you try to specify a part by clicking in a viewpart, you will select only faces or edges instead of the whole part.
- No adjustment is necessary.
CATIA V4 (T-Systems) - STEP Postprocessor
- The COM/STEP STEP processor can be used in batch, interactive and java mode. The following descriptions refer to the Java GUI.
- Menu CATIA:
Set dimension of CATIA model to required values.
INDEX and DATA size should always be set to generous values (50000, 200000, or rather (100000, 200000).
- Menu Conversion:
Represent face identifier: NO
Supporting surface of face into: NOSHOW
- The import log file gives further information.
CATIA V4 (T-Systems) – System
- Each component of an imported assembly is located in a separate workspace.
- The master workspace shows the whole assembly.
- To remove the text added to the model use: TEXT -> ERASE -> *FAC+*SUR etc.
- Shaded view is helpful for a first impression of model quality.
- With IDENTIFY look for received SOL, VOL or SKI.
- Use CATCLN.