The following settings are recommended up to Autodesk Inventor 2017 and CoCreate Modeling 16.5.
Inventor - System
- Only standard colors are transferred. Sub-elements of objects cannot be colored individually in the systems.
Inventor - STEP Preprocessor
- To export a STEP File please choose File -> Save Copy as.. and the STEP file.
- The translator uses as default file extension *.stp.
- The default setting for STEP export is AP203. For AP214 export you should always use the latest STEP standard. In this case AP214 IS.
- The export log file "filename.xlo" gives further information.
- An adjustment of the STEP file is not necessary.
OneSpace Designer - STEP Postprocessor
- The properties for STEP import can be found in the file -> open -> options dialog
- Set the accuracy to automatic (default) to use the accuracy of the STEP file.
- If the accuracy is customized, make sure that the accuracy setting is the same or less than the accuracies setting used to generate the part being loaded.
- When associated messages are returned during the import of the STEP file the accuracy should be adjusted.
- If a product with multiple bodies is imported, Solid Designer creates an assembly.
- Blended edges are not recognized as such, and it is not possible to modify blends using standard OneSpace Designer.
- The import log file "step_load_log" gives further information.
OneSpace Designer – System
- Shaded view is helpful and gives a first impression of the model quality.
- To ensure the model quality is OK a complete model check should be performed.