The following settings are recommended up to Autodesk Inventor 2017 and NX 11
Inventor - System
- Only standard colors are transferred. Sub-elements of objects cannot be colored individually in the systems.
Inventor - STEP Preprocessor
- To export a STEP File please choose File -> Save Copy as.. and the STEP file.
- The translator uses as default file extension *.stp.
- The default setting for STEP export is AP203. For AP214 export you should always use the latest STEP standard. In this case AP214 IS.
- The export log file "filename.xlo" gives further information.
- In the filename syntax special characters (especially / * % ) or umlauts must be avoided.
NX - STEP Postprocessor
- Start the external STEP postprocessor with Translator -> STEP AP214 and select Import.
- Select Edit -> Settings and define the options:
(or interactive from NX 8.5) To export a STEP File choose File -> Import ->STEP203 or STEP214.
- Object Types: One or more of the options Solid, Product Data, Surface and Wireframe (depending on model).
- Recommended is to use the default settings in menu Translation Control (Tolerant Modeling).
- A*.log and a *.def file will be created in the same directory as the imported models.
- Validation properties are supported.
NX – System
- Shaded view is helpful for a first impression of model quality.
- By choosing the menu option: Information -> Object -> Type -> Solid Body -> Select all correctly transferred solids are identified with red color. (Same way with other model types).
- By choosing the menu option Information -> Object -> Objects -> Select all after choosing the filter for Solid Body in Information -> Object -> Filters -> Type Filter correctly transferred solids are identified with red color. (Same way with other model types).