The following settings are recommended up to Autodesk Inventor 2017 and CATIA V4.2.5 (Dassault).
Inventor - System
- Only standard colors are transferred. Sub-elements of objects cannot be colored individually in the systems.
Inventor - STEP Preprocessor
- To export a STEP File please choose File -> Save Copy as.. and the STEP file.
- The translator uses as default file extension *.stp.
- The default setting for STEP export is AP203. For AP214 export you should always use the latest STEP standard. In this case AP214 IS.
- The export log file "filename.xlo" gives further information.
- In the filename syntax special characters (especially / * %) or umlauts must be avoided.
- The STEP file extension must be changed to *.step.
CATIA V4 (Dassault) - STEP Postprocessor
- Identical curve tolerance should be set according to desired model space. (default: 0.1 corresponds to 10m model space)
- Recommended settings in declaration file:
- st1cat.EXACT_SOLIDS_CREATION=TRUE (creates SOL instead of VOL)
- The log file filename.log gives hints about translation success. Check for converted/failed STEP entities in the summary at the end of the file.
CATIA V4 (Dassault) – System
- Each component of an imported assembly is located in a separate workspace.
- The master workspace shows the whole assembly.
- To remove the text added to the model use: TEXT -> ERASE -> *FAC+*SUR etc.
- Shaded view is helpful for a first impression of model quality.
- With IDENTIFY look for received SOL, VOL or SKI.
- Use CATCLN.