The following settings are recommended up to I-DEAS 12 NX Series and CATIA V5R24 (V5-6R2014) (Dassault).
I-DEAS NX – System
- In case of a multi-solid part the solids should be joined. Otherwise not all the solids are exported.
I-DEAS NX - STEP Preprocessor
- In Menu STEP AP214 representations there are options for the used units of functionality and geometry. The default values should only be changed in case of unsuccessful results.
- The filename, including path, should be no longer than 80 characters.
- Two export log files are written (filename.opr and stepoi.opr).
- filename.opr includes the used export parameter set and a list of the IDEAS entities, that were written.
- stepoi.opr includes a list of the STEP entities, that were generated and a list of errors.
- These files are placed in the same directory as the exported STEP file.
- No adjustment is necessary.
CATIA V5 (Dassault) - STEP Postprocessor
- To import a STEP File please choose File -> Open... and select STEP file.
- Recommended settings in the STEP import options (Tools -> Options... -> Compatibility) :
- It is recommended to set the Continuity Optimization for Curves and Surfaces for the C2 continuity on Automatic Optimization.
- STEP Assemblies created with the MAPPED_ITEM approach are not supported yet by the CATIA V5 translator.
- The import logfiles "filename.rpt" and "filename.err" gives further information.
- Validation properties are supported.
CATIA V5 (Dassault) – System
- Shaded view is helpful and gives a first impression of the model quality.
- Open.bodies are an indication of faces failures after the import of solids.
- The filename of the imported model must not have special characters.