The following settings are recommended up to CATIA V5R24 (V5-6R2014) (Dassault) and CATIA V4.2.5 with COM/STEP 22.214.171.124.
CATIA V5 (Dassault) – System
- Model should be cleaned of all unlinked information
- Delete unused elements from the NOSHOW area.
CATIA V5 (Dassault) - STEP Preprocessor
- Recommended settings in the STEP export options (Tools -> Options...-> Compatibility…-> STEP) :
- Choose the respective Application Protocol (AP): AP203, AP242 or AP214 (recommended).
- When exporting assemblies choose One Step File, because CC6 (External references) is not supported from all STEP processors.
- Do not export the NO SHOW area (set Export all entities: off).
- Optionally define the Header of STEP file.
- Validation properties are supported.
- If export a CATProduct:
- The option "work with cache system" has to be switched off (Tools -> Options -> Infrastructure -> Cache Management)
- The root node has to be selected, otherwise only the node of the CATPart will be exported
- An adjustment of the STEP file extension is not necessary.
CATIA V4 (T-Systems) - STEP Postprocessor
- The COM/STEP STEP processor can be used in batch, interactive and java mode. The following descriptions refer to the Java GUI.
- Menu CATIA:
- Set dimension of CATIA model to required values.
- INDEX and DATA size should always be set to generous values (50000, 200000, or rather (100000, 200000).
- Menu Conversion:
- Represent face identifier: NO
- Supporting surface of face into: NOSHOW
- The import log file gives further information.
CATIA V4 (T-Systems) – System
- Each component of an imported assembly is located in a separate workspace.
- The master workspace shows the whole assembly.
- To remove the text added to the model use: TEXT -> ERASE -> *FAC+*SUR etc.
- Shaded view is helpful for a first impression of model quality.
- With IDENTIFY look for received SOL, VOL or SKI.
- Use CATCLN.