The following settings are recommended up to CATIA V5R24 (V5-6R2014)(Dassault) and AutoCAD 2017/Mechanical Desktop 2017
CATIA V5 (Dassault) – System
- Model should be cleaned of all unlinked information
- Delete unused elements from the NOSHOW area.
CATIA V5 (Dassault) - STEP Preprocessor
- Recommended settings in the STEP export options (Tools -> Options...-> Compatibility…-> STEP) :
- Choose the respective Application Protocol (AP): AP203, AP242 or AP214 (recommended).
- When exporting assemblies choose One Step File, because CC6 (External references) is not supported from all STEP processors.
- Do not export the NO SHOW area (set Export all entities: off).
- Optionally define the Header of STEP file.
- Validation properties are supported.
- If export a CATProduct:
- The option "work with cache system" has to be switched off (Tools -> Options -> Infrastructure -> Cache Management)
- The root node has to be selected, otherwise only the node of the CATPart will be exported
- An adjustment of the STEP file extension is not necessary.
AutoCAD/MDT - STEP Postprocessor
- To import a STEP File you can choose Insert -> STEP... or the STEPIN in the command line.
- Sub-elements of objects cannot be colored individually in the system.
- Importing a product with multiple bodies, an assembly is created.
- The import log file "filename.xli" gives further information.
AutoCAD/MDT – System
- Shaded view is helpful and gives a first impression of the model quality.