The following settings are recommended up to AutoCAD 2017/Mechanical Desktop 2017 and NX 11.
AutoCAD/MDT – System
- Delete all non-referenced geometry.
- Please activate all the layers with features to be exported.
- Only standard colors are transferred. Sub-elements of objects cannot be colored individually in the systems.
- Models are exported as an assembly.
- Please execute "AMUPDATE" to update the model geometry.
- Use AMREPLAY to regenerate the model step by step. This helps to identify corrupt features in the overall context of the design progress.
- Use AMSANITYCHECK to count the numbers of shells within the model. Usually a MD model should contain only one shell. Exception: Intended voids.
AutoCAD/MDT - STEP Preprocessor
- To export a STEP File you can choose File -> Export -> STEP or the STEPOUT in the command line.
- The STEP standard can be chosen in the OPTIONs menu.
- The translator uses a default file extension of *.stp when processing STEP file names entered on the command line.
- The default setting for STEP export is AP214.
- No adjustment is necessary.
NX - STEP Postprocessor
- Start the external STEP postprocessor with Translator -> STEP AP214 and select Import.
- Select Edit -> Settings and define the options:
- (or interactive from NX 8.5) To import a STEP File choose File -> Import ->STEP203 or STEP214.
- Object Types: One or more of the options Solid, Product Data, Surface and Wireframe (depending on model).
- Recommended is to use the default settings in menu Translation Control (Tolerant Modeling).
- A *.log and a *.def file will be created in the same directory as the imported models.
- Validation properties are supported.
NX - System
- Shaded view is helpful for a first impression of model quality.
- By choosing the menu option: Information -> Object -> Type -> Solid Body -> Select all correctly transferred solids are identified with red color. (Same way with other model types). (up to NX2)
- By choosing the menu option Information -> Object -> Objects -> Select all after choosing the filter for Solid Body in Information -> Object -> Filters -> Type Filter correctly transferred solids are identified with red color. (Same way with other model types). (up to NX6)