The following settings are recommended up to I-DEAS 12 NX Series and CATIA V4.2.5 (Dassault).
I-DEAS NX – System
- In case of a multi-solid part the solids should be joined. Otherwise not all the solids are exported.
I-DEAS NX - STEP Preprocessor
- In Menu STEP AP214 representations there are options for the used units of functionality and geometry. The default values should only be changed in case of unsuccessful results.
- The filename, including path, should be no longer than 80 characters.
- Two export log files are written (filename.opr and stepoi.opr).
- filename.opr includes the used export parameter set and a list of the IDEAS entities, that were written.
- stepoi.opr includes a list of the STEP entities, that were generated and a list of errors.
- These files are placed in the same directory as the exported STEP file.
- In the filename syntax special characters (especially / * %) or umlauts must be avoided.
- The STEP file extension must be changed to *.step.
CATIA V4 (Dassault) - STEP Postprocessor
- Identical curve tolerance should be set according to desired model space. (default: 0.1 corresponds to 10m model space)
- Recommended settings in declaration file:
- st1cat.EXACT_SOLIDS_CREATION=TRUE (creates SOL instead of VOL)
- The log file filename.log gives hints about translation success. Check for converted/failed STEP entities in the summary at the end of the file.
CATIA V4 (Dassault) – System
- Each component of an imported assembly is located in a separate workspace.
- The master workspace shows the whole assembly.
- To remove the text added to the model use: TEXT -> ERASE -> *FAC+*SUR etc.
- Shaded view is helpful for a first impression of model quality.
- With IDENTIFY look for received SOL, VOL or SKI.
- Use CATCLN.