The following settings are recommended up to CoCreate Modeling 16.5 and Solid Edge ST 8.
OneSpace Designer – System
- Components of an assembly should have names no longer than 16 characters.
- System accuracy should be set prior to modelling.
- Recommended values are 10-6 mm, 10-5 mm, 10-4 mm.
- The smallest extent value (e.g. edge length) can be set under:
- SystemSetting ->Advisor/Check Setting -> min Edge
- All Advisor Checks (voids, nonmanifold, knife edge, min edge) should be active while modeling the part.
- Complete body checks should be done frequently during design and prior to export to STEP.
OneSpace Designer - STEP Preprocessor
- When invoking the STEP export choose as option target system e.g. (CATIA IBM) or CATIA (debis) or Pro/ENGINEER.
- If, in case of an assembly export, the option Assemblystructur/Shared Parts is set ON, individual colors of instances cannot be exported.
- If the target system cannot process assembly structure information or geometric transformation, then you should select NO to suppress this information.
- Hybrid models must be exported with multiple products. You can also use the Structure Browser to make your selection. If you try to specify a part by clicking in a viewpart, you will select only faces or edges instead of the whole part.
- No adjustment is necessary.
Solid Edge - STEP Postprocessor
- To import a STEP file go to File -> Open, select the STEP file and go to Options. The Open File dialog box appears.
- These are the recommended options that must be selected:
- Generate Log File: to create a log file that contains warnings and information about the imported files. The name of the file is the .log and it is located in the same folder as the STEP file.
- Heal and Stitch: to heal and stitch the free surfaces to create a solid body. It is not required to specify a tolerance range.
- Simplify Geometry: replace the b-spline geometry from the model with simplified analytic geometry. This creates a smaller and more efficient model.
- In case of an assembly it is recommended to select the same Output Folder as the one where the imported *.asm file is going to be saved, otherwise the imported *.par files will be saved in the same folder as the STEP file.
- The New dialog box opens after choosing the STEP file. To import the model, a new part or assembly must be first created.
Solid Edge – System
- In case of an assembly a *.cfg file is created. This one contains the Display Configurations of the model.