The following settings are recommended up to Autodesk Inventor 2017 and CATIA V5R24 (V5-6R2014) (Dassault).
Inventor - System
- Only standard colors are transferred. Sub-elements of objects cannot be colored individually in the systems.
Inventor - STEP Preprocessor
- To export a STEP File please choose File -> Save Copy as.. and the STEP file.
- The translator uses as default file extension *.stp.
- The default setting for STEP export is AP203. For AP214 export you should always use the latest STEP standard. In this case AP214 IS.
- The export log file "filename.xlo" gives further information.
- An adjustment of the STEP file is not necessary.
CATIA V5 (Dassault) - STEP Postprocessor
- To import a STEP File please choose File -> Open... and select STEP file.
- Recommended settings in the STEP import options (Tools -> Options... -> Compatibility) :
- It is recommended to set the Continuity Optimization for Curves and Surfaces for the C2 continuity on Automatic Optimization.
- STEP Assemblies created with the MAPPED_ITEM approach are not supported yet by the CATIA V5 translator.
- The import logfiles "filename.rpt" and "filename.err" gives further information.
- Validation properties are supported.
CATIA V5 (Dassault) – System
- Shaded view is helpful and gives a first impression of the model quality.
- Open.bodies are an indication of faces failures after the import of solids.
- The filename of the imported model must not have special characters.