Inventor - System
- Only standard colors are transferred. Sub-elements of objects cannot be colored individually in the systems.
Inventor - STEP Preprocessor
- To export a STEP File please choose File -> Save Copy as.. and the STEP file.
- The translator uses as default file extension *.stp.
- The default setting for STEP export is AP203. For AP214 export you should always use the latest STEP standard. In this case AP214 IS.
- The export log file "filename.xlo" gives further information.
- An adjustment of the STEP file is not necessary.
CATIA V4 (T-Systems) - STEP Postprocessor
- The COM/STEP STEP processor can be used in batch, interactive and java mode. The following descriptions refer to the Java GUI.
- Menu CATIA:
Set dimension of CATIA model to required values.
INDEX and DATA size should always be set to generous values (50000, 200000, or rather (100000, 200000).
- Menu Conversion:
Represent face identifier: NO
Supporting surface of face into: NOSHOW
- The import log file gives further information.
CATIA V4 (T-Systems) – System
- Each component of an imported assembly is located in a separate workspace.
- The master workspace shows the whole assembly.
- To remove the text added to the model use: TEXT -> ERASE -> *FAC+*SUR etc.
- Shaded view is helpful for a first impression of model quality.
- With IDENTIFY look for received SOL, VOL or SKI.
- Use CATCLN.