The following settings are recommended up to I-DEAS 12 NX Series and Autodesk Inventor 2017.
I-DEAS NX – System
- In case of a multi-solid part the solids should be joined. Otherwise not all the solids are exported.
I-DEAS NX - STEP Preprocessor
- In Menu STEP AP214 representations there are options for the used units of functionality and geometry. The default values should only be changed in case of unsuccessful results.
- The filename, including path, should be no longer than 80 characters.
- Two export log files are written (filename.opr and stepoi.opr).
- filename.opr includes the used export parameter set and a list of the IDEAS entities, that were written.
- stepoi.opr includes a list of the STEP entities, that were generated and a list of errors.
- These files are placed in the same directory as the exported STEP file.
- No adjustment is necessary.
Inventor - STEP Postprocessor
- To import a STEP File please choose File -> Open... and select STEP file
- It is recommended to import the STEP files first without any automatic healing (in options selectable).
- The import log file "filename.xli" gives further information.