The following settings are recommended up to I-DEAS 12 NX Series and AutoCAD 2017/Mechanical Desktop 2017
I-DEAS NX - System
- In case of a multisolid part the solids should be joined. Otherwise not all the solids are exported.
I-DEAS NX - STEP Preprocessor
- In Menu STEP AP214 representations there are options for the used units of functionality and geometry. The default values should only be changed in case of unsuccessful results.
- The filename, including path, should be no longer than 80 characters.
- Two export log files are written (filename.opr and stepoi.opr).
- filename.opr includes the used export parameter set and a list of the IDEAS entities, that were written.
- stepoi.opr includes a list of the STEP entities, that were generated and a list of errors.
- These files are placed in the same directory as the exported STEP file.
- STEP files using either version (CD or DIS) can be imported.
- An adjustment of the STEP file extension is not necessary.
AutoCAD/MDT - STEP Postprocessor
To import a STEP File you can choose Insert -> STEP... or the STEPIN in the command line.
- Sub-elements of objects cannot be colored individually in the system.
- Importing a product with multiple bodies, an assembly is created.
- The import log file "filename.xli" gives further information.
AutoCAD/MDT – System
Shaded view is helpful and gives a first impression of the model quality.