The following settings are recommended up to CATIA V5R24 (V5-6R2014) (Dassault) and CoCreate Modeling 16.5.
CATIA V5 (Dassault) – System
- Model should be cleaned of all unlinked information
- Delete unused elements from the NOSHOW area.
CATIA V5 (Dassault) - STEP Preprocessor
- Recommended settings in the STEP export options (Tools -> Options...-> Compatibility…-> STEP) :
- Choose the respective Application Protocol (AP): AP203, AP242 or AP214 (recommended).
- When exporting assemblies choose One Step File, because CC6 (External references) is not supported from all STEP processors.
- Do not export the NO SHOW area (set Export all entities: off).
- Optionally define the Header of STEP file.
- Validation properties are supported.
- If export a CATProduct:
- The option "work with cache system" has to be switched off (Tools -> Options -> Infrastructure -> Cache Management)
- The root node has to be selected, otherwise only the node of the CATPart will be exported
- An adjustment of the STEP file extension is not necessary.
OneSpace Designer - STEP Postprocessor
- The properties for STEP import can be found in the file -> open -> options dialog
- Set the accuracy to automatic (default) to use the accuracy of the STEP file.
- If the accuracy is customized, make sure that the accuracy setting is the same or less than the accuracies setting used to generate the part being loaded.
- When associated messages are returned during the import of the STEP file the accuracy should be adjusted.
- If a product with multiple bodies is imported, Solid Designer creates an assembly.
- Blended edges are not recognized as such, and it is not possible to modify blends using standard OneSpace Designer.
- The import log file "step_load_log" gives further information.
OneSpace Designer – System
- Shaded view is helpful and gives a first impression of the model quality.
- To ensure the model quality is OK a complete model check should be performed.