The following settings are recommended up to CATIA V4.2.5 (Dassault) and SolidWorks 2016.
CATIA V4 (Dassault) - System
- No elements should be placed in NOSHOW/NOPICK.
- Model should be cleaned of all unused information, because the translator exports the complete content of CATIA-parts. Delete:
- Unused DETAILS (in all workspaces)
- Unused elements from NOSHOW (in all workspaces)
- Update SOLID-M into SOLID-E with CATSOE utility.
- Perform SOLIDE/UPDATE, also if message UPDATE ALREADY DONE appears. (Regeneration removes inconsistencies.)
- Generate Volumes from SOLID-E and delete SOLID-E in all workspaces. (Geometry is still exported as a solid in STEP.)
- Scaled and mirrored dittos (EXPLODE function) should not be used.
- Before export elements of special CATIA modules (e.g. PIPING, BUILDING DESIGN) need to be converted to STEP conform elements.
- Use CATCLN.
- Assembly structures in SETs should be transferred to DETAILS.
- Link all SETs if possible (SETS -> LINK).
- Solids/Volumes consisting of separate Bodies should be avoided.
- Objects used for Boolean operations should show good penetration.
- Option "Use Short Names" should be deselected (unless appropriate libraries are available).
- Recommended settings in Declaration File:
- No adjustment is necessary.
- To import a STEP File please choose File -> Open... and select STEP file.
- It is recommended to import the STEP files first without any automatic healing (in options selectable).
Solid Works - System
- In case of an assembly a *.cfg file is created. This one contains the Display Configurations of the model.