The following settings are recommended up to CoCreate Modeling 16.5 and NX 11
OneSpace Designer – System
- Components of an assembly should have names no longer than 16 characters.
- System accuracy should be set prior to modelling.
- Recommended values are 10-6 mm, 10-5 mm, 10-4 mm.
- The smallest extent value (e.g. edge length) can be set under:
- SystemSetting ->Advisor/Check Setting -> min Edge
- All Advisor Checks (voids, nonmanifold, knife edge, min edge) should be active while modeling the part.
- Complete body checks should be done frequently during design and prior to export to STEP.
OneSpace Designer - STEP Preprocessor
- When invoking the STEP export choose as option target system e.g. (CATIA IBM) or CATIA (debis) or Pro/ENGINEER.
- If, in case of an assembly export, the option Assemblystructur/Shared Parts is set ON, individual colors of instances cannot be exported.
- If the target system cannot process assembly structure information or geometric transformation, then you should select NO to suppress this information.
- Hybrid models must be exported with multiple products. You can also use the Structure Browser to make your selection. If you try to specify a part by clicking in a viewpart, you will select only faces or edges instead of the whole part.
- In the filename syntax special characters (especially / * %) or umlauts must be avoided.
NX - STEP Postprocessor
- Start the external STEP postprocessor with Translator -> STEP AP214 and select Import.
- Select Edit -> Settings and define the options:
(or interactive from NX 8.5) To export a STEP File choose File -> Import ->STEP203 or STEP214.
- Object Types: One or more of the options Solid, Product Data, Surface and Wireframe (depending on model).
- Recommended is to use the default settings in menu Translation Control (Tolerant Modeling).
- A*.log and a *.def file will be created in the same directory as the imported models.
- Validation properties are supported.
NX – System
- Shaded view is helpful for a first impression of model quality.
- By choosing the menu option: Information -> Object -> Type -> Solid Body -> Select all correctly transferred solids are identified with red color. (Same way with other model types).
- By choosing the menu option Information -> Object -> Objects -> Select all after choosing the filter for Solid Body in Information -> Object -> Filters -> Type Filter correctly transferred solids are identified with red color. (Same way with other model types).