The following settings are recommended up to CoCreate Modeling 16.5 and CATIA V5R24 (V5-6R2014) (Dassault).
OneSpace Designer – System
- Components of an assembly should have names no longer than 16 characters.
- System accuracy should be set prior to modelling.
- Recommended values are 10-6 mm, 10-5 mm, 10-4 mm.
- The smallest extent value (e.g. edge length) can be set under:
- SystemSetting ->Advisor/Check Setting -> min Edge
- All Advisor Checks (voids, nonmanifold, knife edge, min edge) should be active while modeling the part.
- Complete body checks should be done frequently during design and prior to export to STEP.
OneSpace Designer - STEP Preprocessor
- When invoking the STEP export choose as option target system e.g. (CATIA IBM) or CATIA (debis) or Pro/ENGINEER.
- If, in case of an assembly export, the option Assemblystructur/Shared Parts is set ON, individual colors of instances cannot be exported.
- If the target system cannot process assembly structure information or geometric transformation, then you should select NO to suppress this information.
- Hybrid models must be exported with multiple products. You can also use the Structure Browser to make your selection. If you try to specify a part by clicking in a viewpart, you will select only faces or edges instead of the whole part.
- No adjustment is necessary.
CATIA V5 (Dassault) - STEP Postprocessor
- To import a STEP File please choose File -> Open... and select STEP file.
- Recommended settings in the STEP import options (Tools -> Options... -> Compatibility) :
- It is recommended to set the Continuity Optimization for Curves and Surfaces for the C2 continuity on Automatic Optimization.
- STEP Assemblies created with the MAPPED_ITEM approach are not supported yet by the CATIA V5 translator.
- The import logfiles "filename.rpt" and "filename.err" gives further information.
- Validation properties are supported.
CATIA V5 (Dassault) – System
- Shaded view is helpful and gives a first impression of the model quality.
- Open.bodies are an indication of faces failures after the import of solids.
- The filename of the imported model must not have special characters.